Saturday, July 19, 2008

July 19, 2008 The Finish Line!!!

Yes it is 5:25 A.M. and I am writing to tell you all that I am finally finished with CHEMO! Yeah! Jac and Myles went with me. They got to see me ring the bell. The bell is for patient who finish up there treatments. It was very emotional and uplifting at the same time. I am glad they were there to see it. At home streamers, balloons and flowers awaited me. Thanks to my family and the Cesul family .



I was really sick after this one, I did end up having to go to the Harper Hospital on Thursday Night, because I had a fever of 103. Did some test and drew some blood. I believe it was a throat infection, but we will know for sure on Monday. I am on some heavy duty antibiotics.



We leave for our family vacation today. I am so looking forward to it... Sorry Jane and Jenny you had to do all the shopping this year. We will be gone for a week. My parents are coming in to take care of Maxine and the house.



I did manage to get away with the girls for a couple of days of shopping. Good times, good memories and lots, and lots of laughs. Yes, I did rest a lot.



Thanks again all of you for the prayers and cards. They sure did help me through this rough road of life. I am forever grateful. I promise to keep you updated, I go to the doctors on July 30.



Well I better get some rest before we leave, since I couldn't sleep knowing I didn't update the blog.



Remember to LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH ONE DAY AT A TIME

JULIE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Julie! We are so glad for you. A vacation is just what you need. We wish you were coming our way again this year so we could hang out a bit. July 4th just wasn't the same...at all.

Tell Matt hey...and hope he gets some fishin in. Forgot where you are going this year or we might try to make a trip there. If you get this before you go drop us a line to let us know and maybe we can make a day trip. Lisa gets Tuesdays and Thursdays off. WOW!

Any, as always we are thinking of you and have a great time!

Love Jon & Lisa

Unknown said...

congratulations Julie and family!!! I know this is taboo this early in the summer, but I CAN'T wait until school starts and you'll be back with the staff full time!!! your kids will be excited too!!!! it just wasn't the same without you there keeping us in line! Enjoy the rest of your "vacation" and see you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the best news! Sorry your last treatment was so rough, but I'm sure it's worth it never to have to do this again. Your quarterly checkups will be nervewracking in the beginning. Just remember you're in our thoughts and prayers always. Kudos to your family. They are amazing! Hope you got a lot of rest on vacation - now you can put baskets together.