Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 13, 2008 ADJUSTING!!!

Good morning to all.....
The message for the day:
Laugh with your happy
friends when
they're happy... (Romans 12:15)

A week has gone by and I am doing pretty good. I have just finished Round 1 of my Chemo treatment. Dawn, Jane and I went to Weisbergs on Wednesday. The 3 hour treatment lasted 6 hours. Oh what fun. My body is having a hard time with the BENADRYL, that they need to give me for the side effects from the Chemo. Drugs and me just don't mix! Hopefully we found out that I need the BENADRYL to be spread out longer. They can't give me the dose in a 5 minute interval. So now I am just dealing with the side effects and trying to get a handle on them. I look lie a 14 year old girl going through puberty. What a side effect. Plus some other side effects that I won't bore you with.

Other than that life is pretty much the same. Matt is trying to get the roof ready for the roofers who come out on Monday. He is trying to clean up his attic. He sure does have a lot of stuff, but we all new that. Also, my brother and Matt are trying to get the half bath toilet up and running. Plumbing problems. YUCK!!!!! Soon and very soon the door wall should be fixed. I feel so bad for Matt. When it rains it pours.

Jac is doing fine she had to work her whole spring break. She is saving for that study abroad to Italy this May. Life is tough!!(HAHAH). She did manage to come home for the week-end. She was a great help. Her next time home will be Easter week-end.

Myles is plugging along with the Lacrosse try outs. He has two scrimmages this week-end. Too far for me to go, but Matt will go and tell me how he did. He should know by Monday if he makes the team. Were all praying that him and his friends all make the team. That would be SWEET!

Matt did get out and see his favorite artist Robert Cray. Thanks to Jenny and Ross for taking him. They had a great time. While he was out we had Craft Night, you all know how much I enjoying crafts. Ashlee, Dawn, Jane and Jac sat and used Ashlee's Cricket and made cards. It is a pretty cool machine, but too much work for me. I played Wii with Myles.

I want to say THANK-YOU to Laura, Jenny's sister-in-law, she came over a gave me two acupuncture treatments this week-end. I sure wish she lived closer. Connecticut is too far for me to go. They really seemed to help.

Dinner thanks goes to the Peters and the Berlins. I do appreciate all that you guys do for us. The meals have been a big help.

Round 2 of Chemo is March 19th, which is the big one, and March 26th. So I will up date after the 19th. Pray that this round isn't as rough as the first one. Look for a picture of my second pair of "Kick Ass Cancer Boots" in the next blog. They are just too cute.
As the saying goes:
Life isn't about how
to survive the storm,
But how to dance
in the Rain!
I am sure ready to dance in the rain with my new boots. I just might have to get something new for each round of Chemo. I sure do like boots and clothes. I think I deserve them.
Well that is all for now so remember....
Live, Love and Laugh... One Day at a Time!!!
Love ya,
Julie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, you must be feeling better you
updated your blog this am. i tried calling you left a message on your phone. i'm at work so call me if you read this before i get ahold of you. remember scapebooking at
weisbergs next tuesday!!! hand and hand we'll walk thru this together. always and forever
dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
Glad you're feeling relatively well. Can't wait to see the new boots! By the end of this, you'll have a closetful of fun footwear!
Hope Myles makes the lacrosse team, even though that means that he might not be at the Living Stations performance on Sunday. IT is such a moving experience.
I've been working a lot lately, even on Saturdays, so I haven't been in touch much. I'll try and talk to you soon.
Keep up the positive outlook!
Love,
Gerri

Anonymous said...

still looking for those white go-go boots for you. you never mentioned a size. i do agree with you, you DESERVE to treat yourself. besides praying for you, i am praying for the same thing. that all the boys make the team. i have a very unhappy daughter here. she was cut from the soccer team. how does the captain of j.v. soccer get cut. as always, politics have come into play. i am tired of it all. but it is another one of life's lessons for her. i will try and get by to see you before we leave on our trip. know you will be in my thoughts and prayers as i will be hopefully basking in the sun!
Peace, Cindy

Anonymous said...

happy st. patricks day
irish blessings to you, we'll take all the blessings we can. i'm expecting green boots today,or at least a green top. lots of four leaf clovers are wished for you today. love ya-see you soon
dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,
I am here in Dubuque, Iowa saying a little prayer for you. Nik's team has made it to the semi's and we've been here since Thursday. Hope your day is going well and that your next round of chemo is not as harsh on your body. Keep your spirits up and look for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Happy St.Patty's day to you and many blessings. Love ya lots,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

happy day after st. pattys day
went early this am to target was able to get one shirt. happy about that. well you'll have to share your prayers with myles today, let me know what happens either way. had a great time last nite. talk to you some time today.
have a great breakfast with your friend this am.
love you
dawn

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I'm quite delayed posting to you. I wasn't home much last week getting clients ready for my 2-week departure. Glad you're feeling better - just in time for round 2. I'm saying prayers that this will get easier for you to handle. If not, then it must be working and the end result will be worth celebrating.
I'm in Chicago for school this week, which leaves Gerri alone to represent us at the Festival meeting (again - sorry about that!), and leaving the boys in charge to send dinner over to you last Saturday (hope it was good). Take care and stay strong.

Debby

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

Just checking the blog..life has been busy here. Rough week with Padraic, glad he has nice friends like Myles and Anthony...I guess I just don't get it, never will.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, I hope it is easier.

Take care of YOU!! Sending a big hug...

Dia Beannacht Leat
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! It was so good to see you this week. You look fantastic! Keep doing what you are doing. You are so strong. If I don't talk to you before hand, have a Happy Easter! Talk to you soon!

Love ya,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Julie and to the Family. Hope you are doing better.
Maybe you need to have that hand & foot play off with Jane and me..
Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I hope your next big round of chemo goes better, I will be praying for you. Hopefully the side affects will become more mild!
Hopefully Miles makes the Lacrosse team! Adam quit last year and I miss that sport! It is pretty cool and I loved watching it! It is almost as fun to watch as hockey.
Adam got an all conference award for hockey. That was cool.
I hope you have a GREAT Easter.
I love you all!
Sally