Friday, March 21, 2008

March 22, 2008 Happy Easter!!




Here is another pair of Kick Ass Cancer Boots! (thanks Dawn)


Live today

Cherish your yesterdays,

dream your tomorrows,

but live your todays.

Tomorrow belongs to those

who fully use today.


This comes from the book No Limits But the Sky. (Hallmark special. Thanks Lisa from Washington). More of these great inspirations to come. I just love the book. I just love the basket of goodies you guys keep sending me. Jill I love the angel magnets. You guys are the best!!


I know it has been awhile since my last posting, but I am trying to live a normal life. (HAHAHA).
Dinner thanks go out to the following families: Siladke, the men at the Sieradzki house, (sorry Debbie you were out of town: your boys did good) and the Smilnaks. thanks so much. You don't know how this helps my family out. Gerri I will take a rain check for Lou's Pizza.. You guys are the best... Thanks Cindy for organizing it...
Well the week-end was good with friends and family keeping me busy-- visiting and playing cards. ( Jane I don't think our husbands will ever be the fastest at cards-- but we do love them).
St. Patrick's Day was different we usually go to the Elk's Club, but their cook left. So the cooks came to my house. The family came here to Corn beef and Cabbage, Shepard's pie and dessert. Thanks to Jenny and Dawn for helping to make my first St. Patrick's feast. It is great making memories. Sorry Jac you couldn't be here.
Thanks to Barb Butler who took me to breakfast and shopping (for Matt's Birthday gift.. boy did I get a deal). Thanks to Barb, Teresa, Judi and Shelly for my new angel of Healing. She is so beautiful. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends.
March 19th... Round 2 of Chemo.... didn't happen... white blood count too low... just got a mini chemo treatment instead. Still took a lot out me but, it wasn't as bad. (Mom was here on Spring Break with me.) So the next big treatment will be April 2nd. So I will wear the same boots again. Cindy is on a mission to find me size 7 white gogo boots. Those will be for Round 3 since I can wear white after Easter. Beautiful flowers came to brighten my day thanks to Sheri's mom,dad and her sisters family. They sure did help.
Good Friday was spent getting my doctors note to my work. Doc can't tell me when I can go back yet. I am getting pretty restless. Shopping and going out to eat is getting a little boring for me.. plus costly... Matt is trying to find me jobs around the house to keep me busy instead.
Jane was my chauffeur... to get my nails and feet done... just in case I could of wore sandals this Easter. What a joke that was. Because of the snow Jac didn't make it home to dye Easter eggs. So Dawn, Ashlee, Paul, Anne, Lola, Greg and Myles did the eggs. (My mom was missing in action!). New traditions and new memories that is what life is all about. Played a new game Racko.. of course Jenny is the Queen.. Anne, Paul and I did try, but she was just too good for us.
Thanks to my Bunco Gals for keeping me entertained this week. I sure do love playing even though I don't win .
Myles leaves for Arizona on Easter for a few days of rest and relaxation. He sure does deserve it.. Yes, he did make the Lacrosse Team. Thanks to Coach Jolly for being understanding and letting him have the week off. Myles knows he has to work hard if he is going to get any play time. (I promise to post the times for his games next week).
I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter and remember to make memories with your family. Cherish your time together. I am truly, truly blessed by you all. Thanks so much for being there for me. I will post again after my next mini-treatment on Wednesday.
Remember to Live,Love, Laugh........ One Day at a Time.....
P.S.

{Just to let you know one of Matt's friends, Grace, asked me to walk in the Walk of Life in May as a person fighting Cancer. There is different ways we can help her... purchase a star for a $1, and or purchase a bag that will line the track with a candle in for $10 the bag can be decorated with a survivors name or someone who passed from cancer or someone fighting cancer. Let me know if you are interested. If you want more info I can give you Grace's email address. If I raise $100 I can get a tee shirt to wear during the event. }






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, You trully are incredible! I hope you and your family and all of your wonderful friends have a great Easter! I'm sure your toes look beautiful and by next week maybe you can show them off; after all, this is Michigan!

Love, Kim O

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Dear Friends,
Was great seeing you this morning. As usual being with our St. Angela Families puts everything in perspective. With everything that has gone on with my kids these last weeks sitting and praying with each other warms my heart and eases the worries. Hope your day is filled with love and laughter.
Peace, Cind7
p.s. still looking for the boots!

Anonymous said...

its monday morning and i am at work and you're probably still sleeping, enjoy!!!! have a fun day today with matt go out and do something different. dress warm its still really cold out. call me
when you have time.
love you,
dawn

Anonymous said...

was happy to see your smiling face on easter or should i have said merry christmas at our house. i go this wednesday for my cat scan check up god willing things will be okay. god bless you as you are in my prayers. your pseudodad greggypooh

Anonymous said...

happy tuesday
hope your dinner at big boys was good. see you tommorrow morning,maybewe can go for lunch after if your up to it.
love ya
dawn

Anonymous said...

Morning Julie! Thinking about you this morning. We are starting the non-fiction writing with the kids. It should be interesting! Hope you have a great day!! Talk to you soon!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Julie,

It was great to see your family at Mass. Jac looked so beautiful, I WANT that coat, so cute.

I hope Myles has a good vacation, we will be watching him play Lacrosse this season, Padraic was happy he made the team!!

Are you not suppose to drive?

I think we are suppose to have sun today, I think I remember what that was like.... My spring flowers are starting to come up, I hope it's not too early.

enjoy your week, hope to see you soon.

dia beannacht leat
laura

Jamie said...

Hey Girl~ Just wanted you to know I'm thinkin' about you. My mom and dad were in Oregon for a week. We had a great time. They left this morning. I miss them already. Hi to everyone there. Love, Jamie Sziisz

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Hi. I love the boots!:) Hope you have a relaxing weekend:) Take Care and God Bless You and your family.

Anonymous said...

Whatever the boys delivered was their back up plan, but knowing my husband, it was too much! As I was running out the door to Chicago, I was yelling "don't forget you're on the list for dinner!". He loves doing that. too bad it didn't come from his kitchen though cause he's the best.