Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday, March 7, 2008 Hanging in there!

Just a few Laugh-out-loud lines from author Barbara Johnson:

Frogs have it easy; they can eat what bugs them.

Smile! It kills time between disasters.

Life is like an ice cream cone: Just when you
think you've got it licked, it drips
all over you!



Just to recap my week...

Monday I spent with my friends Sally and Jane we had a nice lunch and visit. Thanks guys for being there for me.

Tuesday, The BIG BAD CHEMO DAY! Yes I wore my Kick Ass Cancer Boots! Well it didn't go as I planned. We arrived by 8:00 and by 9:30 I was hooked up and practically out of it the whole time I was there. Yes, I got sick and it sucked. Matt and my parents were there and they know more what went on that day then me. All I can tell you is that I received a lot of medicine throughout the day. We finally left around 4:00 p.m. I came home and went straight to bed. I missed the wonderful meal brought by Marianne Licata, it was from my favorite place Netties. My family truly enjoyed it thanks Marianne. Hopefully, they left me some.

Wednesday, I spent the whole day in bed. I didn't do much of anything. Thank GOD for my parents. They were here for me. The Cesul family came to visit and brought dinner. What a relief for my family. but once again I couldn't eat. I sure am missing a lot of my favorite foods.

Thursday, thanks to Jane she came over and washed my hair, so I could go to Weisberg Center to have my pump removed. My parents took me there and finally my pump was removed. Everything went smoothly. My parents took off back home again. Matt brought me home just in time to watch General Hospital. ( one of my highlights of my day lately). Dinner was provided by the whole Deck family! Once again my family enjoyed the great meal. I was in bed feeling sick.
My brother and his wife came by and we watched American Idol. Another one of my favorite shows. Still a little queasy.

I received a wonderful package in the mail from Marilyn ( my former boss). It is a cute, pink and jeweled picture frame with my saying on it Live, Love Laugh. Now I need to figure what pictured to put in it.

Today is Friday and I don't have any plans. Jac and Myles are both home so maybe we will just sit around and play games and watch movies. I do enjoy my kids home. I am feeling a lot better. So we will see how today goes.

Remember to Live, Love and Laugh....One Day at a Time.

Once again my wonderful St. Angela families have dinners covered for March! You guys are the best!!!! God is really watching over me. Thanks to you all.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

good friday morning
how did you sleep last nite? sounds
like things are going a little better this am. relax today and enjoy your time with the kids(they're probably still sleeping)
call me when you get a chance.
love ya
dawn

Anonymous said...

You looked like you were back to yourself this morning - on the phone and smiling! Sorry I couldn't stop in. My son woke up as I was walking out the door asking me to drop him off at your house - which put me a little late. (please give him chores to earn his keep there!) I let him drive over to get his time in. It was the short cut that Myles showed him (and that he didn't pay attention to very well) that took another 15 minutes. I can't stay at the Novi client late since we have the Millionaire's Party tonite to work. Hopefully we're busy so the night goes quicker. Aren't you normally the barmaid? Is Jac taking your place tonite? I hope we don't get that snow tonite. I am so done with winter.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

monday 7:45am
just checking in this morning, hope you slept well last nite and are feeling better this am. let me know if theres anything i can do. will be awaiting your call.
love hugs and kisses
dawn

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better. Keep the faith, I know it's easier said than done some days! Remember our God is an awesome one, lean on Him, he will see you through this detour in your life, as will your St. Angela Families. April is filling up nicely...I will get you your copy once it is done. Remember I am here for whatever you need me to do.
Love & Prayers, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Julie,

I hope that each day is better. Hang in there.
You have one treatment behind you just keep counting down.
Think Spring, it just right around the corner..then you can relax outside with the warm sun, of course with sunscreen on.

I'm the meals on wheels girl tomorrow, I'll call to see what time I can drop off dinner.

thinking about you.

love,
Dia Beannacht Leat
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie

Hope you are having a good day and enjoyed your weekend with Jac and Myles. I love Jac's new hair do! I had a girlfriend just donate her hair too.

You are in our thoughts and prayers often. I enjoy reading the quotes in you blog. I am not good at coming up with them but enjoy reading them.

Wondering if you would like to get together for some laughs and cards?

Talk to you soon

Ron& Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie

Hope you are having a good day and enjoyed your weekend with Jac and Myles. I love Jac's new hair do! I had a girlfriend just donate her hair too.

You are in our thoughts and prayers often. I enjoy reading the quotes in you blog. I am not good at coming up with them but enjoy reading them.

Wondering if you would like to get together for some laughs and cards?

Talk to you soon

Ron& Mary

Anonymous said...

Well, this is my fourth time trying to leave a message. Hopefully, it will get through. Julie, if you need a ride, please call me. I will be more than happy to be of assistance to drive you places or bring you anything you need. Please call. Also, I am so happy to see that so many people love you. Remember that you are in our prayers. Love, your cousin, Laurie.

Anonymous said...

I see I have finally figured out how to use this thing. I neglected to choose an "identity" the last three times I tried to leave a message. So, if there are any other "unidentified" people trying to leave a message for Julie, don't forget to pick an identity below. I am so glad that I finally figured that one out. It only took three weeks. (Don't tell anyone) Laurie

Anonymous said...

BTW, LOVE the boots! L

Anonymous said...

HEY-----WE'RE UP AND RUNNING--MY MOM IS A BLOG VIRGIN. SHE WISHES YOU THE BEST AND IS ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!! LOVE THE BOOTS. YOU NEVER CAN HAVE ENOUGH SHOES. BLING BLING. LOVE YA MOM GRZECH