Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 2, 2008 Getting Ready


Good Day Everyone,






Give a girl the correct
footwear and she can
conquer the world
said Bette Midler.





This saying came from the book If the Shoe Fits..A Treasury for the Shoe Lover. Someone from my school gave it my weekly basket. So thanks to whoever you are. Everyone knows I love my shoes and boots. The ones I have chosen to kick cancer with is these black and white rubber boots. They are just so cute. I will have to find new ones once the weather gets warmer. Hey, St. Angela Families, maybe I will get those white go-go boots I talked about a couple of years ago. (Wouldn't that be funny, walking into Karmanos with those boots on!).






February 28th.... Took my mom and Jenny to see the new place I will be going to Weisberg Center. They agreed it is beautiful. Since I will be there weekly getting treatments and other medicines that I need. I will be needing rides on Wednesdays, So let me know who is available . I am not sure about Fridays yet, I might be able to take myself. We will just wait and see.






That afternoon I drove for the first time.. Let me tell you it was great. I took my mom everywhere I needed to go. I think I wore her out. I did end up coming home and taking a nap. Dinner was delivered by the Richardson's. It was very good. Thank you so much. I was even able to go to the Lacrosse meeting, it was wonderful to see some friends I haven't seen in a while. Keep your fingers crossed for Myles to make the team.






Friday, I was so busy catching up on paper work . It took me all morning. In the evening my girlfriend Sheri and her husband Mike had the some of the gang over again. I just love seeing my friends. I needed to see them before Tuesday, I needed some extra encouragement. Thanks guys. I love ya all.






Saturday.... My exercise gals came for a visit, Nicole, Angie and Kathy. They brought flowers and cookies. Thanks guys for the great visit and gifts. My dad came to collect my mom to go home. But she will be back on Tuesday for the big day. At night we went with the Greg, Dawn and Ashlee to dinner for their anniversary. It was great to see them, even though they were nice and tanned. I am sooo jealous. My son and Chris and Chelsea drove up to see Jac. Their first of many visits I am sure of it.


Sunday..... Church at St. Lawrence to see my favorite Father.. Bob. I just love how he gives the sermons. I even went at 8:00 a.m. to see him. Breakfast was at my favorite place the Pantry, with Greg and Dawn. Greg loves that place too. The afternoon was spent playing my favorite card game Hand and Foot. Thanks to Sharon, Jenny and Jane for entertaining me all afternoon. We started at 1:00 and ended at 7:00 when the pizza arrived.. thanks to Buddy's pizza.... sure was yummy..

That is all for now. I will write after my Chemo week. As always....

Remember to Live, Love and Laugh.... One Day At A Time.

P.s. Tonight we eat the dinner from the Lemanski's. thanks neighbors.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie!
BT is out of town this week, but we both want to wish you luck! We'll be thinking about you and praying for you. Be strong! We love you, we will see you soon.
Love, Karen and BT
PS Maybe next year for Lent, the Ciolek family needs to give up the "C" word? What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!

My comment didn't post this morning when I wrote it, so I will write again. I was thinking about you as I was getting ready and hoping that your day is good tomorrow. I know you will be strong and keep those doctors and nurses on their toes!! Miss you and Love you!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Well, today is the day. Besides the long day it is all going to go great, you are coming home one step closer to be healed. I'll be thinking of you all day and will see you tonight when you get home or when I get home. It's reconciliation day for Olivia.
Jenny

Anonymous said...

tuesday am
i thought we named those boots your
"kick ass cancer boots"
consider today the first day of round one of "cancermania". you are like hulk hogan strong and never fearing your opponents and you will always come out the winner of each match. you've got all the fans cheering for you!!!!
just remember when the going gets tough the tough get going and we'll
all be out here chanting JULIE JUKIE JULIE JULIE JULIE JULIE JULIE
LOVE AND GODS VERY SPECIAL BLESSINGS TO YOU TODAY
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
dawn

Anonymous said...

julie, you're in our thoughts and prayers. Be strong like we know you always are. We love you, talk to you soon. God Bless. Love
The Campbell's

p.s. Jess loves your boots!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love Love those boots...can't wait to see them with shorts!!! tee hee.
Thinking about you all day, I hope it went as well as it could. Keep us in "the loop".
Sending our love.

Dia Beannacht Leat
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi girlfriend,
I have added white go-go boots to my errand list,I only need a size and will find them. Although I do have a pair in my attic, only if you are a 6 tho! I am sure you made quite a statement with them today.
You were my first thought this morning and are my last thought tonight. Knowing the Lord was with you made my heart a little less heavy. I KNOW you will overcome this next hurdle. You are a strong woman with a strong mind and soul. Keep the faith and know we are right beside you.
I am updating the March dinners for you. I will call or email you with the names and dates. Unfortunately, many of us will be gone Easter vacation week and may not be able to help with that one.
Peace, Love & Prayers, Cindy
p.s. Sorry about the intruder. Told him to go down the street to his uncle's but Myles said it was no big deal. Thanks for keeping him safe. He wasn't driving home in this snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Let me see what I can about adjusting my client work on Wednesdays from April on. Let me know the dates and times for your treatments, and I'll work it out. It helps having 2 faith-based clients. I hope yesterday went better than expected. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always.

I'm so glad the boys made it back safely last night. It was bad driving when I got home from work at 8:00; I couldn't imagine how that bus driver did it at 10:00! Too bad they lost the game though.

Live, Love and Laugh.... One Day At A Time

Anonymous said...

friday early am my inspirational lady was in the office yesterday still smiling and dealing with her cancer situation never ask why you got it deal with it and go on with your life 100% see you this evening pseudodad greg