Friday, April 18, 2008

April 18th. Ups and Downs of Chemo....







Hello Everyone,
Here are some pictures of the Mother Daughter Banquet I went to. My mother-in-law takes us girls every year. I just wanted to take my mom and grandma this year. We had a wonderful time together.






The first picture is a doll from my teacher friend Christine. Isn't she the cutest thing. She is called "Comfort" from the wish Sister series from Hallmark. Her saying goes like this Something got you down? C'mon now. Don't let it! You're card for! (And don't you forget it!) the wish Sisters... making the world a better place one magical wish at a time! How great is that. She is just so cute.... Thanks Christine.


Once again I couldn't get Chemo because of some low numbers. This time was the Absolute Neutrophil Count. No clue what it is or what it does... I just know I couldn't get Chemo.





This time at Karmanos was a nightmare. We got there at 9:15 a.m. and didn't get home until 5:30 p.m. (and we just got a mini). I am so glad I get to go to Weisberg for almost all of them.




CT-Scan on the 25th. Doc wants to find out how things are going. I don't know how things can change since I only have had 2 rounds of Chemo. But who knows I am new at this stuff. I go on the April 30th to find out the results and try for round 3 of Chemo. My sister is going with me on this day. So Karmanos watch out!!


Just to let you know I need you all to add my brother-in-law, Greg, back on the Prayer Chain. The bad Cancer is back!!!! He is schedule for surgery on April 25th. Life sometimes just plains SUCKS... But, we will keep fighting the fight.




I was grateful for my mom to be with me again this week, even though it was just a Mini. She sure is a lot of help. thanks Dad for getting some of my summer furniture out. I just love being out doors

We went to Lansing yesterday for Lacrosse and to see Jac. This was my first road trip. My parents, Chelsea, Dawn and Ashlee went with us. Maryjo and her family met us there. We even got to go to lunch at Jac's place of work. We sure did have a great time. Myles team won in case you were wondering.


Kudos goes to the St. Angela families who are wonderful to keep feeding us: The Decks, Badali's ,the Saladke and the Sieradzki family. We sure are blessed. Thanks again....






Just to let you know I finally got the bags($10) and the stars ($1) for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life. I will be walking on May 3rd at 10:00 a.m. and going back at 9:30 p.m. to see the bags lite up. It is at the Warren Community Center. If you are interested please let me know. I need all bags, stars and money by April 30th. Thanks for your support to those who have already helped me out.

Keep the prays and the cards coming they sure do help. For those who write on my blog THANK YOU!!! It means a lot to me. It is great hearing from you all. It gives me something to do. Keep it up. And for those who just read and don't post a comment shame on you!!!!


Thanks to the Iovan and Sortman family for the flowers this week. They sure are pretty.


Remember to Live, Love, Laugh one day at time....




Julie










14 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR AMAZING!!!! FOR ALL YOUR GOING THROUGH, YOU STILL ARE TAKING CARE OF OTHERS. I LOVE TO BE THERE TAKING CARE OF YOU. BUT THIS WEEK THE TABLES TURNED FOR US. IT'S GREAT TO HAVE "PEOPLE" TO SHARE ALL OF LIFES CURVE BALLS WITH. XOXOX JANE

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Julie! I just thought she was so cute and I wanted you to know I am thinking about you and praying for you often. Guilty as charged!...I do read the blog and sometimes do not send a message. I really enjoy the photos and messages! Good luck at your appointments for the next few weeks! Christine

Anonymous said...

Dear Julie,
I've seen you at the last few lacross games and I didn't know what you were going through. You are amazing and inspiring to those who get caught-up in the little daily trifles. I'll definitely pray for you and your family. The website is great -- I'm posting this because you said to! However, this is my very first "blog" experience. I'm rambling...keep smiling -- you have a very contagious smile.
Carol "Pally"

Anonymous said...

you're the best, you need yo quit worrying about me and concentrate all your postive energy on you and getting well. we got another bend in the road but we're strong and we'll get thru this too. thanks for all the support. love you!!!
LLL
dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi there beauitful.
I am going to try this again. We read your blog but don't write back, so here we are, Spring has come and all the trees, flowers grass, weeds are up in full view.

Wheather here is warm, verry nice.
Dad cut the lawns and I went to the Doc. So I am taking it easy.

I have a funny doll her name is Phllis and she says: Dance like nobody's watching! Sing like nobody's listening! LIVE like there's no tomorrow! You do that every day, Keep up the good work. Yes keep lauging & Loving be happy.
Dad says hi and we love you. Mom.

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Julie,

Your right sitting outside puts you in a great mood. I was out today planting my pansy..very colorful, it makes me happy.

You you want some company during the day let me know, I could bring the ice tea and you can supply the chairs..I'm here if you want or need me!

I'm glad Lacrosse is going well for Myles, its a great game..I miss seeing Padraic play, but I'm glad he has something else to do with his time. I'm going to try to make it to a game, but it seems the boys have games on the same day. I hope they bet Brother Rice this week, that would be GREAT!!

Be strong!

Dia Beannacht Leat
Love you
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,

Ok, I've accepted my shame and am writing. I look at the blog everyday but don't write. Sorry.

It's another beautiful day here in Indian River. The lake was beautiful and calm all day. Jon & I are looking forward to seeing you guys up here sometime this summer.

Love the photos from them Mother & Daughter banquet. Everybody looks great.

We are working on finding a day to come and visit. Sometime soon we hope :)

As always, we are thinking of you and you are in our prayers.

Love,
Lisa & Jon

Unknown said...

It was good to see you at school, and yes, I read but don't write!!! Look forward to another visit, i might even come to you this time!!! Enjoy these beautiful sunny days, good enough for dancing, singing, and getting out with family and friends! stay strong and I know it's making you crazy, but slow down and take care! see you soon!

Jen-wen

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about you this morning! All our animal reports are going to be done today! Yeah! Hope that you are feeling well and enjoyed the nice weekend. Let us know when Myles next game is! We would love to come! Talk to you soon!

Love ya,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wanted to drop a note to you. It was nice to see you at school the other day!:) We enjoyed making the bag, for your walk. It was made with lots of love from all of us. I enjoy reading your blog:) Hope things are going well for you. Take care. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Jules,

I don't know if you got my email the other day but I wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed seeing everyone.Ronald was so happy he finally got to see you!. You looked beautiful and it was great to see you laugh for a little bit!
You are truly an amazing person and I feel blessed to know you!!!!
You teach me new things all the time!I will see you Saturday!
Love,
Sally

Anonymous said...

Hey there Matt and Julie,

We are so glad we finally got the chance to come see you guys. It was great to chat as always. And the dinner was out of this world. Thanks for taking us there. We are still talking about it.

Anyway, you hang in there and I just know everything is going to go your way.

Your friends always...

Jon and Lisa

Anonymous said...

Julie Jewels!!
Thinking about you always!!! Always sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. It was great to see you here the other day at school.
As always I hope things are going good. Stay strong.
Love always, Joan

Anonymous said...

Hey Jules!

Thinkin of you! Hope that all is well and you are staying strong. Christian can't wait to come see you again and prays for you all the time (before dinner and in church!) Hopefully next week I can come see you if Brad is not working. Let me know what day is good for you! Maybe Tuesday? or is that Euchre day? I will call you to find out! Talk to you soon!

Love ya,
Melissa